Fiat FreakOut 2017
Annual National Convention
July 19-23, 2017
From all over North America… and often from overseas… hundreds of Italian car lovers drive, trailer, and fly to converge at a chosen destination, usually rich in history and culture, to play! We unite in the spirit of friendship to celebrate the unique automobiles that reside under the umbrella of the FIAT marque including ABARTH, Alfa Romeo, FIAT, Lancia and more!
Note: This year we are dividing planned activities into Sportivo (high energy) and Normale (laid back). We want to offer varied options while mining the long held FIAT tradition of introducing a (both) Sporty and Economic range of vehicles.
There is F-U-N to be had by all!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The itinerary below is actively being tweaked at this time – and IS LIKELY TO CHANGE. We will keep this page up to date with the latest schedule of events.
19-23 July (Early Arrivals welcome 17-18 July)
Milwaukee, WI a/k/a Brew City a/k/a Cream City
Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
375 South Moorland Road
Brookfield, WI 53005
Members: Click here to book your rooms now at a special discounted rate of $109 per night
19 July, Wednesday
Optional Event Activities:
- Veloce Indoor Speedway
- Pay at the track upon arrival
- Tee Aire Range and Mini Golf
- Breakout Escape Game
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts
- Pop’n’Spot Gourmet Popcorn Shop
- Fox Brook Park
Dinner on your own
20 July, Thursday
- Sportivo: Holy Hill Basilica, Wisconsin/Wisconsin Auto Museum back roads romp. Join us for a fun drive, through some Wisconsin back roads, to famed Holy Hill and the Wisconsin Auto Museum (Historic WI).
- Normale: Our inaugural FIAT GeoDash (think: “The Amazing Race”) locale scavenger hunt (Historic Milwaukee)
21 July, Friday
- Sportivo: Join our caravan to a FIAT Club America-only Sunset Cruise at the legendary Road America race track.
- Normale: Don’t worry if you arrive a little late Friday or your car can’t make it the trek to Road America. FIAT Club America has you covered. Milwaukee Food-City Tours will be serving the [inter]national FIAT S.p.A. community with their Pizza Bus rides around our fair city.
22 July, Saturday
Concorso: MItchell Park Horticultural Conservatory. A.K.A. “The Domes of Milwaukee”
More information at https://milwaukeedomes.org/
Experience a desert oasis, a tropical jungle and special floral gardens all in one afternoon and an amazing lighting display in the evening!
The incredible diversity of plantlife you will encounter reminds us all of the Earth’s unique diversity of plant and animal species so very vital to our own survival.
Come to the deserts of Africa, Madagascar, South America and North America in the Desert Dome where one of the world’s finest collections of cacti, succulents, shrubs and arid-land bulbs grow. An Oasis of Pampas Grass and desert palms beckons as paths lead you past many plant oddities with intriguing geometric forms, subtle coloration and unique adaptations to hot, dry habitats.
Stroll the jungle-like trails of the Tropical Dome and see a rich diversity of plants from the rainforests of five continents. Showy flowers, fruits, nuts, spices and a multitude of orchids and bromeliads surround you as you’re drawn toward a rushing waterfall in this paradise. Be sure to look for the colorful birds that call the Tropical Dome their home. Enter a themed floral exhibit filling the Floral Show Dome with gardens of color. Five seasonal displays each year will delight you with their beauty and will serve to inspire your own gardens.
Then, we will reconvene at the Milwaukee-Brookfield Sheraton for our awards banquet.
23 July, Sunday
FIAT Club America Brunch/Raffle at Milwaukee-Brookfield Sheraton
- Sportivo (optional): post-FreakOut Windy City Miata Club AutoX event in (IL)
- Normale (optional): Harley Davidson Museum tour (Milwaukee)
Stay Tuned for more details!